Tuesday, January 3, 2012

January 3rd, 2012 Day 1

Well today was the first day of my journey to a healthier self. This is a full circle health cycle. Mental, physical, spiritual...D all the above.

 I have created some pretty specific goals and yet they are easily attainable. I decided to write a blog (not so people can so "Oh yay good job"), for two reasons. The first is that it will keep me "honest". Second is that I may learn something that can help someone else.
Ok let's get started. I created my goals based on how well I know myself :) smart huh? I know that I need a little flexibility

Goals
  1. To lose 100-125 pounds
  2. To be 100% medicine free
  3. To go to the gym 4-5 days a week minimum
  4. To drink 1 gallon of water a day
  5. To follow my nutrition plan (see below)
  6. To be able to look in the mirror and see beauty not ugly
  7. To be the healthiest I can be
So seems like pretty hefty goals, but not really. As you know me, I have to have a realistic logical approach. I scoured the web and found some weight loss calculators. These figures are based on my height, weight, age, gender and current* activity level  of sedentary (hahaha because Sloth wasn't a choice)
  • I figured out how many daily calories I needed to maintain my current weight = 3,000 (ish)
  • It takes a deficit of 3,000 calories to burn a pound
Based on the above scenario, my current weekly calories is 21,000 (ish) so by deducting 45% of my weekly calories and dividing by 7 gives me a daily allowance of 1650. This does NOT take into account my trainer sessions with Billy  2x a week or my Cardio (1 hour per day). Below are some important notations:
  1. I am NOT defining myself by a number. If I lose 70 pounds and I look and feel healthy then I will be happy with that
  2. I am NOT going to be a slave to the scale. I will weight myself every Monday. I will post my progress... (truthfully)
  3. I will post my daily struggles, menus, food dairy and accomplishments.
I created a calendar for and by the above projections, I have created a general goal timeline
  1. January 30th - 4 Weeks  - 12 pounds
  2. March 25th - 12 Weeks  - 36 pounds
  3. May 20th  -   20 Weeks  - 60 pounds
  4. July 29th   -   30 Weeks  - 90 pounds
  5. October 7th - 40 Weeks -120 pounds
After August 1st, I will evaluate and adjust as necessary. As I said previously this is all a guideline. no one knows for sure what will or won't work 100%. I am going to be doing some tweaking and adjusting as necessary.

OK So let's go to diet...BAD WORD...the first 3 letters are DIE...ugh... so I am making some Habitual Eating Adjustments Lifestyle (HEAL) . trust me...Wording is EVERYTHING! :) For example its not what you spend, how much did you save ? :D Right?

10 Simple Rules of HEAL
  1. Increase Protein
  2. Increase Water (1 Gallon a day)
  3. High Fiber
  4. No sugar after 6 PM
  5. No Food after 8 PM
  6. EAT BREAKFAST!
  7. Lean meats, fruits and veggies
  8. CHOBANI YOGURT! :)
  9. Daily Supplements
  10. Decrease coffee
So let's start with how today went. I weighed in this morning. So if you have read this far then that means you are interested. I am 5'9, 45, female 277 pounds. My goal weight is 150 (ish) a difference of 127 pounds. Currently it 3,000 calories to maintain this weight. My current HEAL is based around 1,500 calories. This is a loss of 1,500 calories a day and about 10,500 calories a week or 3.5 pounds a week. Based on a 40 week timeline this is about 120-140 pounds. This is a projected goal based on loose numbers.

01/03/2012 Total Calories 1300

Breakfast  530
  • 9 Grain Bagel with a small amount of butter
  • Chobani Yogurt
  • 33 Ounces of water (½) & Coffee with Cream
Lunch        250
  • Lean Turkey on flat bread with a teaspoon of light mayo
Dinner       520
  • Chicken Florentine
  • Steamed Green Beans
  • 2 cups Garden Salad with Robusto Italian
Water consumption 65 ounces... ugh

Met with Billy  - Upper body 60 minutes
30 pound weight bar squats 4 sets of 15 reps
30 pound weight bar curls   4 sets of 15 reps
40 pound weighted pulls     4 sets of 20 reps
50 pound tricep push down 4 sets of 20 reps
Vertical Bench Leg Raises  4 sets of 10 reps

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Kelly...I think it is awesome that you are doing the blog and being realistic with your goals...keep up the good work and I look forward to reading about your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sharon! You LOOK AMAZING!!!! So inspirational!

    ReplyDelete