Tuesday, January 8, 2013

January 8th, 2013 - The TEST! Blog #2



Wow what a few days it has been since my last post! As many of you know I lost my beloved Mother in law (MoM) on January 2nd. So, with that being said, I'm sure you can imagine the amount of food that was around. I stayed true and disciplined. On Wednesday January 2nd, I had to take Whitney and Raphael back to the airport to head out to France. Yep my baby leaving again. After I sopped them off I was planning to go to Deb in Wilmington to return a dress that I had purchased. Of course I had lost the receipt but I had the tags on it and they gave me a store credit. On my way to Deb after leaving the airport I had a complete hysterical breakdown in the car... you know a real ugly cry. It needed to happen. So I get out of the car, go in Deb and return the dress. The lady was more than helpful and even looked a little scared of me... it was strange. So I am looking at jeans and I thought ... ya know I am buying a size 16. If they don't fit they will soon enough right? I leave the store get back into the car and then looked at myself in the rear view mirror. OMG I was a MESS! Mascara streaks, raccoon eyes, blotchy. No wonder they gave me a refund LOL
Well I got home and knew I needed to pack for the trip. So I was hesitant to try on the jeans because if they were ridiculously small I would most likely cry again :) THEY BOTH FIT! From a size 20 to a 16! I am like OH HELL TO THE YES!!!!

When we got to Western PA, I realized I had forgotten my coat.So we went shopping. I found my Hydraulic jeans and they were not on sale for $59. I waited...Then Maurice's sent me a 20% coupon. They knew I needed some retail therapy. Well Saturday I needed some of that!
In the Indiana mall there is a Maurice's. Now those of you that know me know I LOVE my Hydraulic jeans. So Anita Brahosky and I went shopping. So I am looking at my Hydraulics. And I am looking at the 16's...then I spot the 14's. I know right what the hell am I thinking? Well I love these jeans so much I knew that I would stay motivated to get in them. So I take them and I am going to try them on when I spot the Juniors section. I said Oh let me tempt fate! So I grabbed the 15/16 and 17/18. All 3 pair fit! Now I ma not gonna lie even a little, I bought the 14's and I may wear them with the tags on them! LOL However if I have a quarter in the back pocket you can tell what the date is LOL they are tight but, my goal is to have them loose by March 1st if not sooner :)

The reason I went through all of that story was to say this... It takes determination, strength and a sincere want to change. I have made it through going back to WV (no hot dogs, no Cam's Ham, no good ole southern cooking) during Thanksgiving, several parties, Christmas, New Years and a funeral and traveling. New Job, etc. I have stayed 95% true to this plan. I had some sugar free chocolates, ½ a pizelle, etc. Very few cheat items have made the cut. You have to want it. It's hard saying no to what I would so easily put in my mouth without regards to my weight. I am getting stronger everyday and now it is time for phase two. (drum roll)

THE GYM! - I am really excited to enter this back into my life. I know that my number may fluctuate and that's OK. I will adjust my diet accordingly. But my goal is to have dropped 100 pounds by June (ish) I will re-evaluate my goals at that time. My main goal is to get healthy and the number is just a metric to keep me going! :)

I hope you enjoyed this. If you know anyone that is struggling with weight loss, self image or whatever .... link them to this blog. I am going to try really hard to be regular with this, if life allows me :)
<3 you guys thanks for reading and keeping me inspired

~Kel

No comments:

Post a Comment